Hebei Huachuang M&C Technology Co.,LTd You are welcome！ Please contact customer service directly dial the right number！
Focus On Level Measurement
Radar level gauge installation precautions and troubleshooting
1. Matters needing attention
1.1. The installation location should be a stable environment in the tank, far away from the motor and frequency converter, and there must be no obstacles, beams, ladders, and internal floating roofs directly underneath. It should be far away from the feed inlet and agitator, and the microwave beam must not be used. Intersect with the feed flow, the installation location should be greater than 200mm from the tank wall. For large steam conditions, choose a corner away from steam and a stable internal environment or choose an instrument with a purge device and anti-condensation function. For arc-top tanks The best installation position is between 1/2 and 1/3 of the radius;
1.2. Shielded cables must be used for installation so that the instrument can work normally and eliminate interference (please refer to the instrument grounding specification). The meter and the power cable should be separately routed to the cable tray to prevent electromagnetic interference. If there is an interference ground current, the shield end of the shielded cable away from the instrument must be grounded to suppress low-frequency ground current, while still preventing high-frequency interference signals and reducing instrument data bounce:
1.3. Strictly check whether there is AC in the DC 24V of the power supply before the instrument is powered on. The specific method is to set the multimeter to the AC voltage of 20V and measure the two power lines and the ground respectively to see if there is AC. If there is, you can choose Replace the switching power supply or linear power supply with smaller ripple, and do a good job of grounding, and deal with it in time to avoid instrument fluctuations and damage to the instrument; check that the power supply voltage is within the rated range of the instrument. Excessive voltage will cause damage to the meter and reduce the life of the meter. Low voltage can cause the meter to display no display or restart continuously, and cannot work normally:
1.4. During radar measurement, ensure that the length of the installation short pipe should be as short as possible. Installing a short tube with too long a signal will produce an oscillating reflected wave in the tube, and the reflected wave will interfere with the real echo, causing the meter to fail to work normally. The measured medium does not enter the blind zone of the radar (usually about 300 mm at the head of the meter is the blind zone, see the high material level and breeding zone set by the instrument itself for details), it is recommended that 80% of the position be used as a high alarm point, if the site environment is complicated or you want to try as much as possible To reduce the influence of the blind zone on the measurement, the solution can be solved by appropriately increasing the radar installation position and expanding the diameter of the installation pipe:
1.5. Outdoor installation should take sun-shading and rain-proof measures, and ensure that the instrument housing cover, cable gland, and blind plug are tightened tightly. Do not use in places with overpressure or overheating. The instrument installed in the explosion-proof area must comply with the national explosion-proof hazardous area installation regulations and be used with safety barriers.
1.6. The 4-20mA corresponding value of the instrument factory setting is the low material level and high material level value in the instrument menu, which is the material high signal output in the positive direction, and it does not participate in the measurement in the blind zone.
1. First confirm whether the power supply DC24V power supply is working normally, and the power supply line should be well connected with the meter.
2. If the actual material level exceeds the range setting range, the fault code E14 with weak echo may be displayed.
3. The range setting and the actual distance between the position of the women's clothing and the bottom of the tank are not equal, and the zero point of the material level output does not coincide with the bottom of the tank, which will cause a fixed deviation.
4. Install the instrument to confirm whether it meets the requirements in the above precautions.
5. The output current of the instrument is correct with the 420mA current signal read by the control room. The current signal read by the control room must be consistent with the instrument range setting, otherwise the material level display in the control room and the meter level display will be inconsistent.
6. Observe the echo curve to reflect the current working condition of the instrument. When the above conditions are confirmed to be correct, press the ESC key on the display to observe the echo curve and communicate with the technician.