Hebei Huachuang M&C Technology Co.,LTd You are welcome！ Please contact customer service directly dial the right number！
The Factors Affect The Accuracy Of Radar Level Transmitter For Oil Tanks
Using radar level transmitter for oil tanks to measure the level is very popular now, because there are some advantages such as few moving parts, low wear probability, less affected by oil conditions, easy mounting and low cost maintenance. With the continuous expansion of numbers of oil tanks in petrochemical companies, more and more points need liquid level detecting, using radar level transmitter to replace other level meters can not only satisfy the need of requirements ,but also increase the economic returns.
Then, what are the factors that affect the accuracy of radar level transmitter when measuring oil tanks ? And how to deal with them ?
1. The reflected wave received by radar level transmitter depends on the number of reflection characteristics of the measured medium, reflectance depends on the conductivity and dielectric constant properties of medium. If with low dielectric constant and conductivity of liquid, the signal reflection will be weak, attenuation is obvious, so, when using radar to measure the liquid, we must consider the power strength of electromagnetic wave signal source.
2. Fluctuation or foam in liquid will cause the attenuation of signal, so we need improve the signal power or add guided wave tube .
3. When there is barrier in tank, it will bring false echo of signal reflected, which will affect the proper functioning of radar. Then we need powerful microprocessor for complex signal processing. Meanwhile, try to avoid the barrier in tank.
4. Installing method will affect the measuring accuracy also. So we should better to ensure the direction of wave emitted is perpendicular to the surface of liquid, and try to make antenna receive more reflected waves.
5. When radar level transmitter installed on the top of tank, we need to consider the corrosive and adhesive properties of medium to antenna. Keep the liquid surface at a distance of antenna of radar. When measuring the bottom liquid level of tank, the wave maybe will reach to bottom of tank by pass through the liquid, if so, the reflected wave will be interference. If the bottom of tank is concave or tapered, when liquid level is lower than this point, radar is also unable to measure it. So, on the signal processing, need pay attention to the setting of low and high limit value of measuring parameters.
6. Different conditions asks different types of antenna. Also, in order to avoid the interference of tank wall or barrier in tank, we suggest using guided wave tube to solve the interference of echos.